Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A different kind of blog

I have really been enjoying a free website called fitday.com. It allows you to record all your foods (showing how BAD all my diet was at first) that you eat each day. It will calculate the calories, percentages of fat/ carb/ proteins, and vitamin contents. You can put in weight goals (and weigh in too) and keep track of how much exercise you do from day to day. I have used it for about 3 weeks now, with the exception of when I went to the homeschool convention and gave myself a couple of days off the "eating plan" (ie diet). I have actually seen some slow weight loss without feeling too deprived, and it has definitely been an eye opener for me as far as making some good changes. I realize that I like NUMBERS (geeky math person) and pie charts and bar graphs..... It's been good for me.

:) Kim

2 comments:

Jan said...

That's cool, Kim!

picklemouse said...

I use a similar site - www.calorie-count.com - for the same reason. I love the data! :)

It was also a sad day for me when I realized that it's much easier/faster to lose weight by cutting calories than just by exercising. Although knowledge is power, right?? Or something like that.

Glad to hear you are having success. It's amazing how eye-opening logging all that stuff can be!